Guess That Pokémon!
I’ve never played Wordle. How do you play Guess That Pokemon?
Visit guess.pokexword.com and click on the ‘?’ icon located on the top right hand corner of the screen to learn how to play the game.
Are the hints based on the TCG, VG or both?
Both. Some hints, such as Pokémon type, are based on the Trading Card Game (TCG). Other hints, such as Pokédex entry, are based on the Video Game (VG).
How often is a new Pokémon released for this puzzle?
A new Pokémon becomes available every day at 12:00 AM.
Why am I getting an error message when I input a valid word as a guess?
Each guess must be a valid Pokémon. Guesses that are actual English words are not accepted.
What do the colors mean?
After each guess, the color of the tiles will change to show how close your guess was to the word:
GREEN = Letter is in the name and in the correct spot.
YELLOW = Letter is in the name but in the wrong spot.
GREY = Letter is not in the name in any spot.
What does it mean if I input the same letter twice and one appears Green (or Yellow) and the other appears Grey?
If, after each guess, you see a letter appear as Yellow/Green and the same letter appear as Grey, that means that the letter only appears once in the name.
See “What do the colors mean?” above to explain the difference between the three color
See “What do the colors mean?” above to explain the difference between the three colors.
Do you have a crossword for non-Pokémon TCG players?
Yes! Our Pokédex Entries Crossword and Classic Crossword puzzles are applicable to all Pokémon fans.
How can I check to see whether the word I input is correct?
There are two ways to check whether the word you’ve input is correct in our crosswords:
- Select a letter in the word you want to check. Then, click on the ‘Lightbulb’ icon in the top right hand corner of the frame and select “Check word”.
- Click ‘Settings’ and turn ON “Error check mode”
How is the crossword puzzle scored?
- Every correct answer = 10 points
- Revealing a letter = -1 point. For example, if you reveal one letter, it will cost you 1 point. If you reveal an entire word that includes 5 letters, that will cost you 5 points.
- The target time to complete the puzzle is 10 minutes. If you complete the puzzle in less than 10 minutes, you receive 10 points per minute. For example, if you complete the puzzle in 8 minutes, you’ll receive 20 extra points.
- Checks and Hints are free
How do I participate in the Poke X Word giveaways?
For full details about how to enter our giveaways, eligibility requirements and how you can collect additional ballots each month, check out our Terms & Conditions page.
How can I share my score after completing a puzzle?
The ‘Guess That Pokémon!’ puzzle has a SHARE button on the results page that makes it easy to quickly share your score on Twitter.